posted Nov 26, 2010, 7:42 AM by Amahdy AbdElAziz
updated Nov 26, 2010, 4:55 PM
Do you have a cool idea for a web application? Then join us to learn how to quickly prototype using Google technologies.
We'll give you power without complexity. (By: Google Arabia Developer Academy)
Time & Location: 02-Dec-2010 From 07:00PM to 8:45PM, Ibn Sinaa Hall, Faculty of Science, Cairo University. (Doors will be closed at 6:45PM)
What do participants need to know?:
- Live Coding Tutorial Stein Eldar Johnsen & Xavier Décoret (1:30 hours, Live from Zürich)
- About Cairo-GTUG Amahdy AbdElAziz (15 mins)
To reserve a seat - sign-up here
, if you are not there by 6:30pm, we will give away your seat.
To all attendees who are not students of Cairo University, please also bring your National ID/Passport to get into the university
- Participants need basic web development knowledge (HTML) - and have
completed the first year class at any university (basic HTML,
- Must be able to create a web-page with a form and be able to make a program in any language (hello world type program).
- They must have basic knowledge of procedural programming and object oriented programming.
- They do NOT need to be a student at Cairo University. Professional developers are welcome.
What do participants need to bring/install?:
- Web browser (any major cross-platform browser).
- Text editor (Windows users can use notepad++, or another lightweight editor, IDE not required).
- Google App Engine SDK for Python installed.
Announcement at Google Arabia Blog: http://google-arabia.blogspot.com/2010/11/google-arabia-developer-academy.html